Re: Time to run

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Time to run
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:55:50 -0400
 I have always let the EFI do the tuning for the air and the air fuel ratio has
been correct although the engines were pretty small in size. I wonder if the am
is better for a car that has hit the wall traction wise rather than power wise.
The small engine cars can generally hook up every last hp as there are not many
to hook up but a big inch roadster seems like it runs out of traction before it
runs out of power.. I have not had any luck getting either heat in the engine or
gearbox in the am either as it always seems like a fire drill to get the car to
the line in the morning and some steps get missed. For a small inch car or one
that is aero vs power limited I still think the afternoon is better as the track
seems good and everything is warmed up to temps. The extra traction if there is
some in the am I think is extra drag for a little engine to overcome.
Dave