Re: waiting in line

To: Ron Gibson <rgg14@cox.net>
Subject: Re: waiting in line
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:42:48 -0700
Amen to that Ron. Current racers haven't a clue as to what waiting in
line is. There was a time when a four hour wait was commonplace. And we
didn't have half as many cars as we do today. Quite frankly, presently,
most of the time things move along fairly well. Even the weather hasn't
been a big problem the last few meets. I can remember waiting in line
for hours hoping the wind would subside adequately to allow more runs.

For several years, it seemed that unless there were serious problems
with the car, that we never went to the pits. We worked on the car in
line. Today, with the two course set up, if you are in line, things are
OK. The car is ready to run. Enjoy the moment and visit. Maybe I am
different, but normally I don't find the pits to be good for visiting.
When I am there it is usually serious work.

Every good thing comes with a price, but waiting in line should not be
considered a negative it should be an enjoyable time for all. Just my
take on the subject.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC (Hoping to be waiting in line a lot next week.)