Re: waiting in line

To: "'Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth'" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: waiting in line
From: Michael Siewert <mdsiewer@ucalgary.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:30:22 -0600
James Tone wrote:

>  #1: Lack of respect. There were many multiple driver teams that were using
> the long course for drivers licensing for under 175. The car may have been
> qualified but the drivers were not, and they took valuable time on the long
> course instead of going over to the short course for their licensing.

This one stikes me as odd and is something that I've wondered about
for a while.  The car carries it's 175 qualification sticker, but the
driver displays nothing. I expected that the driver would have to
display some sort of "B" qualification to use the long track. Sorta
like like rookies wearing the "R" sticker. I assumed that driver
conformity was being check verbally over the radio since I've not
noted any "signs".

--
Michael D. Siewert
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary