Re: waiting in line

To: Nt788@aol.com
Subject: Re: waiting in line
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:23:42 -0600
how can you tell where the new ones are (Jack)?

side note,  when I am on the course,  its my time, to do the best that
I can,   I cant shake down my vehicle properly on the streets at home,
Bonneville offers this

if its a planned low speed check out I would go to short course

if it is a planned record qualifer then I am running on long course,
if I encounter trouble getting up to speed in the first timed mile,
I might continue,  no BYSTANDER knows what in the hell is going
on with me or my vehicle,  dont speak to me with disdain, because I ran
slow in the first mile, as I might have difficulty getting it up on
boost, or nitrous,
and that might not happen for timed mile 2 or 3, the wheel spin and or
wind offestting
my course, (if you notice some bikes can make up
30+ mph in one mile) might demand that I gather it up for a safer
assault on mile
2 or 3,  I might have to go all the way down to the 6 before I have
slowed to a
safe enough speed to exit the course without a mishap,  I know Glen was
frustrated
with at least one of my runs when I had to go down the course aways
before I could turn out

one rider wrecked from his turnout,  only I know what I am capable of
with turning out safely,
an extra mile is like 60seconds, I know it adds up, but I worked my ass
off to have the opportunity
to make a pass,  I dont complain about the new streamliner that might
blubber down the course
for 5 miles2-3 yrs or more in a row,  it is his time to sort out his
vehicle safely

I sure as heck hope we dont go to some system of calling up certain
catagories to make lines shorter,  I like the luxury of getting in line for
an opportunity any time I can get it ready to go, any time of day, its
great, the way it is,  if ya want shorter lines,  try the smaller meets,

wf would have had two lines but mother nature didnt allow for it, the
scta/usfra do the best they can,  and like Gary said, you could always go to
Aust.  the lines are much shorter,  or you could rent the salt for your own
time, unencumbered

Joe