FW: waiting in line

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: waiting in line
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:49:36 -0700
Damn, this is the longest thread since RWS :^)

When I 1st started at EM 10+ years back the lines went around the corner and
out of sight over the horizon.

Today's system of 2 lines (odd/even start numbers), a 200+ line, and a
rookie line works real well.

But as Ed says, hearing the call is an issue. Last weekend, I never heard my
group despite a CB, and a few calls asking what group was called (BTW, I
suggest we implement a 2nd channel -- CH-2 maybe -- for non-starter/timer
race information).

I started to see some vehicles with numbers in my group on the return road,
so I hustled my butt to the line in time to piss off the next group by
cutting in front.

All in all the system is good ... just a few bitty bugs. A 30min. wait in
line is enjoyable. More than an hour gets tedious. I'm not sure how it can
be adapted to the Salt, but if enough passionate folks pow-wow together, it
can be done.

Dana