Re: trailer sway

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: trailer sway
From: Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:12:05 -0800
Pretty simple answer for me. When I bought my first trailer, I wanted
something I could haul with an SUV or a pick up. The gooseneck didn't
even look like an option since it appears to require a dedicated
vehicle. I hauled an enclosed haulmark 24 behind an SUV for years before
I went to an open aluminum tandem wheel trailer. Never once had a
problem with either trailer at 70-75mph. On the highway. Always kept the
tongue weight approximately 200-300 lbs. That was the SUV maker's
recommendations. Now that I have a Dodge Ram and realize that I can go
with a gooseneck, I probably will. However, for a different reason. Most
thieves don't have gooseneck attachment hitches.

Bob Denton