Re: trailer sway

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: trailer sway
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:21:01 -0800 (PST)
Load with the specified forward bias, use dual load levelers, AND dual anti
sway cams.  A lot of users and shops say you only need one anti-sway cam.  I
have used the same load levelers and sway cams on three different trailers and
they are amazing.  I recently took a little forty mile trip to pickup a car and
didn't bother connecting the load levelers or sway cams.  Man!  I couldn't
believe the difference.  Continuous bounce and sway every inch of the way.
Just to prove a point to myself.  When I got home I jacked up the center,
connected the bars, and then drove down to the carwash to wash the new toy.  No
sway or bounce whatsoever. I wouldn not be such a believer in them had I not
used the same set on the three trailers that I've owned.

DIck J in East Texas

John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com> wrote:
My trailer has always been a gem to tow. You can run 75 all day and not know
its back there. It's home made and the axles are set back a bit, gets good
tongue weight that way. Never used load leveling bars, and have towed it
just fine with a mid size station wagon and 1/2 ton pick-up.

JB

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now