Re: trailer sway

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer sway
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:33:27 -0700
Tom,
Yes it is a bit difficult to apply trailer surge brakes while
accelerating ;-).... I uses to have a trailer with surge brakes
and while I never really had problems with it, I had to be
very careful on downhills, since I didn't usually want to
activate the brakes to add trailer braking. I am using 6.70 X
15LT Highliners too, and generally , have had prett good luck
with them - If I kept the speed down. Above 70 MPH, they will
give me problems. I do run 55 lbs in them per recommendations
of my tire retailer. And you are correct that I am carrying
more weight - a lot more. I tend to take everything I own with
me to Bonneville... Of course I never use 90% of it, but
that's the point. If I left it home, I would need it at some
point.. And I won't assk how long ago you were towing with
that '39 Coupe ;-)
Take care,
Ed