Re: Towing vehicles?

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Towing vehicles?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:26:06 -0800 (PST)
I've battled that motor home idea for years too.  I finally just sat down and
put a pencil to it.  Don't forget tags and insurance that you pay on a parked
vehicle too.  What I came up with was that I can stay at the best hotels on
every trip for the rest of my life (I figured twenty years!!)and not reach the
cost of the motorhome for about three of those years.  Hey, that motorhome
would cost seven times what good hotels would!  That idea about pulling over
for a nap appealed to me too, but I found that a good KOA campground costs
damned near what a decent hotel costs!  And they don't give free breakfast!
AND, that problem about how to run around once you get there goes away.  So, I
bought a new car and truck instead.
Dick J in East Texas

John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com> wrote:
Keith

Still thinking the motel bill isn't that bad compared to the price and
maintenance of the motor home. However I like the idea of having the ability
to stop at a rest area and sleep a little as you travel. It seems to be the
best way to go at El-Mirage, but how often do I go there. Hate the idea of
pulling about 75 feet of Toter and Trailer. What about a crew cab with some
sleeping facilities built into the bed?
JB

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now