RE: Traction control

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>, "bennevl"
Subject: RE: Traction control
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:43:39 -0500
Please speak for yourself on that point. There is no such thing as cheap
racing as no matter what the price you set it will be too much for someone.
Some time you save money by spending it on the right parts instead of seeing
how little you can spend. Not all race cars are built from the junkyard or
e-bay either. It is all a matter of perspective as well. Some people look at
TC as a big dollar investment others already have the capability in the ECU
running their engine so it is free to them. For me it is a weekend project
and around 100 bucks or less. On another note TC is not a rev limiter though
that will help to stop a spinning wheel by cutting power to all wheels. A
true TC system limits slip by applying the brake at the offending wheel only
with no cut in power. I think everyone has traction control very mixed up
with torque limiting. They are entirely different in design and operation.
Dave