Re: Traction control

To: "Landspeed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Traction control
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:49:07 -0600
Being the semi good boy that I am... I have stayed out of this one...  and
won't have anything to do with Rotary's...

It just seems silly to me that the only venue that encourages creative
thinking has decided to limit it.

I've tried to get my mind around to why the SCTA would limit this... and I'm
totally lost.  I doubt it's for financial reasons... they have no
requirement to determine the amount of money spent on a car...   So it about
has to be for Safety reasons... and as Dave has pointed out it's actually an
issue that would increase our safety if properly designed.  Maybe it's
because they don't think the average racer could do this safely?  that's one
possiblity I suppose...

Or maybe it's for personal reasons... and that is the only idea I can come
up with that makes sense.... the old Bonneville guy saying that a racer must
use his foot to drive the car... Maybe it's simply a matter of
understanding...  kinda like the deal with no Data acq in the classic
class's  they think there is an unfair advantage because of the
equipment....

I've just lost my way through this one... it doesn't make sense to me why it
would not be allowed.

Keith