Re: Kids racing

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Kids racing
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <lsr128@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:48:05 -0700
Tom,
I think there is one other important factor between our generation and
today's kids - our Dads taught us to drive (at least in my case) and we
didn't go for our license until we had passed the hardest test - the Old
Man's approval. Today, parents assume driver's ed in High School teaches
them everything, and then run for a lawyer to sue somebody when they crash
because they had 8 kids in the car, stereo cranked to 150 dB, and prolly
some illegal substance in their blood. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood,
but I do think it made a hell of a difference when parents taught the
driving. We have several street racing deaths a month in the Phoenix area,
almost all of the sport compacts. We managed to control 500 HP hot rods in
high school, why can't they control 100 hp? Maybe the Village has failed to
Ed