Re: Technology

To: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Technology
From: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rushmore.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:02:41 -0700
coool beans!!!!!!!!!

its a blast.....

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Tone
  To: Joe Amo ; land-speed@autox.team.net
  Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 5:27 PM

  By reading what every one is saying, Joe you haven't spent enough money to
fast yet. I guess that I haven't gone fast either. I know I haven't spent much
in 28 years :)  JD

    as for spending as much money as I like to go as fast as I can,
    well,  we save all year to to do what we can with what we have,
    our 223 record on 65 ci, was on a bike we bought with 22000
    miles, taken kids to school, street licensed and occassional
    steet miles,  about $1800 spent on fixxer uppers, $3600 for the bike,
    almost every part bought of ebay/internet, 1960's molded carburetors,
    rings, bearings, pistons from the best we could do from boxes of used
    parts, 10 people in the family pitched in to buy the leathers we have,
    I dont own a welder, a drill press, air compressor or ....didnt have a
vice until last year,
    love the sawzall and hammer

    now how we did things might not have been the best way, but its how we did
it,
    Bonneville is life,  we all have choices to make, we make them and enjoy
the return

    if I had a roof of dirt and straw that has been maintained every yr to
keep my
    family safe, I wouldnt tell my neighbor who just put up a composite
maintenance free
    roof that I have had less leaks than him

    its all goooood, life is gooood

    Joe :)