Re: What's in your crankcase?

To: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Subject: Re: What's in your crankcase?
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:23:37 -0800
Very interesting Jon.

Magazine article tested a Honda. They installed over $500 in exhaust and
intake bolt on's
and picked in 6 WHP*. Replaced 20W-50 petroleum oil with 10W-40 Mobil1
and picked up
8 WHP*.
Red Line is one of the few PAO (Group IV) base oils on the market. Not
all of Amsoil's products
are PAO.
OBTW, if you want to make sure you're buying a PAO, get an oil that is
0W-__. The only
automotive oil base than can meet the 0W rating is PAO.

Bryan
* WHP = Wheel Horse Power