Re: Hot Rod/Bore,Stroke combo's

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Rod/Bore,Stroke combo's
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:58:03 -0700
I was somewhat bemused by the article. Why? Well when DF said he was going
to do the testing, he siad he was only going to change the rod stroke ratio
which meant only rods and pistons to keep compression heights same ( I have
his email somewhere where he explained what was going to be done). So once
again   a realistic test has morphed into something that masks the true
results. Because both the rod ratios and the bore were changed it is
impossible to determine the effect of either. Makes for good reading but
that's all. Nevertheless, it does point up that an engine is just an air
pump and however you get the max air in you make horsepower and torque.
Regards the article, if you revisit my web page, I said it didn't make any
difference a long time ago

mayf