Re: comments from the wind tunnel...

To: Pork Pie <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: comments from the wind tunnel...
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:07:39 -0700
Pork Pie, List,

I was on Patrol at the 5 in 1985 when Andy Granatelli went by in his Camero.
It sat high in the back and had a stock body. As he approached, I heard thunder
in the distance, glanced around and saw no clouds. He was generating a rooster
tail about 100 feet in the air. He clutched it at the 5, engine sound stopped,
but
the distant thunder was still there and it was following his car. The next day
I found
him in the pits and he said what I heard was "Wake Turblance ". I had read
something
that used the term but I knew almost nothing about it. Based on what I heard
that day
I became convinced that poking a hole in the air was probably not a problem, but
that getting out of the hole cleanly was a very major problem.

Sorry folks, I just realized that was 20 years ago.
Bryan,