Re: comments from the wind tunnel...

To: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: comments from the wind tunnel...
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:18:06 -0700
After flow separation, it does not matter much if the surface is rough
or not. I once looked at the Boeing C17 contender (competition with Mac
Dac). The front of th eplane where it entered the air was all flush
rivits and very smooth. Back behind the cockpit the rivits were all
round headed because they did not need the flush surface, the flow had
separated by then  My car is blunt in the front so the flow is gonna
separate somewhere about three feet in front of the front bumper, LOL.
Then all the air will be turbulent flow. But things like wax, yes no
maybe so. If  I  had a great paint job then IO would wax the snbot out
of it, Like Neil said, if it looks good, it prolly is good. One of the
aero things I will do next is put a very full pan under the car. The
underneath is very very dirty.  I don't think I will ever lengthen the
wheel base to be like the other MS cars, though. This is a SUnbeam...not
a baby streamliner.

mayf, sweating a lot, been outside cutting the grass.