RE: Timing light wires

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>,
Subject: RE: Timing light wires
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:29:35 -0500
John, Mike;

It would be possible to design a battery- powered RF system that would
do the job but its cost might be a factor. If there were a high enough
tower or pole so that line-of-sight could be used all the way to the
last mile marker, an optical system might be a possibility, too.

I'd want to run any new system in parallel with the old wired timing
system for a few events to establish its reliability, though.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ