Re: Timing light wires

To: "Gary LaRonge" <saltracer552@juno.com>, ed@vetteracing.com
Subject: Re: Timing light wires
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:54:42 +0000
The "weapon of choice" in the sports car racing venues is the AMBTranx260,
which retails for a bit over $300, but the tracks sell at adiscount to get you
to use it, since that is what their recievers areset to use. The neat thing
about it is it immediately broadcastslap times (even if it was a 5-mile lap in
a straight line) to monitorsin the pits, TV or better yet, directly to an
event site on theinternet ( that you or anybody else can follow in real-time,
and, it isarchived for later viewing.) It has some drawbacks; Would it really
be Bonneville without Glen Barrett announcingyour times!?? I think not. Also,
Nobody could replace Amo'sdetailed blow-by-blow accounts to the
non-attendingpublic.... Oh, and did I mention, the current version of the
AMBTranx260 only times a lap to a maximum of 180 MPH???
Ed