Re: For all the bike riders on this list...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: For all the bike riders on this list...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:37:18 EST
Hi Dave

No matter what you end up with, you should attain a defensive attitude  while
riding. Ride like everybody on the road is out to get you, especially
drivers pulling out in front of you from side streets and intersections. I've
been
riding since I was 14, ('36 Indian w/46 engine,) and I've had soooooo many
drivers pulling right out in front of me. I didn't understand it until I almost

pulled in front of a bike myself. What happened is my eyes/brain saw this
object  coming and due to it's small frontal area, my brain said, "It's far
away,
pull  out". So ride safe...

Hmmmm, how about a Harley V-Rod with Ape hangers, king/queen seat with  sissy
bar and leather saddle bags?

I ride a 2000 Harley Heritage Springer, and I love it. Vintage  looking, big
leather saddle with fringe, chrome springer front, fringed saddle  bags, nice
cruiser. The tube forked bikes ride better and nowadays Harley's  don't leak
oil or rattle and are reliable.

Otto