Re: hydrogen as a fuel

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: hydrogen as a fuel
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:44:05 -0500
On Jan 18, 2007, at 10:52 AM, drmayf wrote:

MIke, all,
H2 can be used as a regular fuel as well ala a carb or efi. With the
injectors it would require some special units however. H2 can also be
used in a fuel cell to make electricty to run an electric drive or
tracton motor. It could also be used to make fire to heat a boiler
and make steam to drive a car. Now where in Wendover would we go to
get a bucket of high octane H2, lol...

mayf

In my old CNG-fueled SBC the gas was metered in via orifices in a
throttle body placed directly above the TBI that came on the motor.
That part was simple -- but there are three or four converters and
computer-foolers required because the factory sensors generated scads
of "check engine soon" codes while running on gas.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)