RE: overheating

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>, MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: overheating
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:19:46 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim you're certainly the "expert" when it comes to MGB V8s but I thought
maybe this would help.  In general if you retard the spark the engine will
run cooler.  Maybe you ought to try to run as retarded as you can (no pun
there Jim) and see what happens.

Also all the vintage race guys use water wetter, that seems to help.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 MGB Daily Driver ~ 1967 MGB Vintage Racer ~ 1969 MGB Undergoing V8
conversion
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/