Re: MGB Clutch Pedal Hydraulics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Clutch Pedal Hydraulics
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 23:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 23 Apr 1995, Robert Forster Esq. wrote:

> About Brake Fluid/Clutch Fluid...
>
> Use DOT#4 and what is more, Clutch/Brake fluid does attack some rubbers
> as it is hydroscopic.  It all depends on the Chemical Structure of the
> rubber.

That may be, but it doesn't mean it will attack the rubber used in brake
and clutch systems.  In 30+ years of BritCar ownership I have _never_
had any trouble with plain old DOT-3 brake fluid.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.