Re: MG Logo infringement

To: BLECKSTEIN@shell.monmouth.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Logo infringement
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:17:34 -0500

>I also wonder if the trademark is lost through the decades of non
>enforcement.

Mike has a good wonderment......just like Hoover-ing in Europe means
vacuuming.

I've heard that one reason Rover hasn't said any thing definitive about bring
the F into the USA, is that British/Layland never canceled the MG authorized
dealers and now Rover has a problem with bringing in a "MG" because they
already have dealers with rights...and these dealers are not necessarily
Rover dealers....I thought that maybe some how these things are tied
together.  Anyone have any had info on this situation?

I am also wondering if the NEMGTR might be required to pay a royalty in order
to use the MG logo???  Hello Dick, you still lurking up there??

Terry