Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:36:59 -0500
michael j robson wrote:
> I was always taught that  proper airflow was a matter of "balance"
> and that the secret is to have the air intake match the exhaust output
> as closely as possible

  I'm not sure I would agree with this.

  Obviously, improvement to both systems is important. The best
triple webers will not really pay off with a stock exhaust
and stock cat.

  However, I can't see how the intake and exhaust could be
so tied. They aren't part of the same system, like the cat
and the muffler which can be matched for best performance. As
well, they don't handle the same air flow anyways, since a lot
more gas comes out of the exhaust than is drawn into
the intake.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada