Re: DeLorean Info.

To: Parker J Whiteway <parkerw@juno.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Info.
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:54:43 -0400
Parker, don't let these guys get to you.

My first car was a MGA 1600, 1960 vintage.  Of course that was in 1965 so
there is a little time warp involved.  But I got mine the same way,
construction, mowing lawns and all the like.  My dad (rest his soul) had his
eyes on a 1959 Chevy Impala - puke yellow with puke green accents -- right.

I drove the MGA for 2 1/2 years till I went away to college.  Best babe
magnet I ever had.  Had six of us in it on more than one occasion.
Unfortunately, had to sell it to pay for second semester of college,
bummer.  Wound up with a 65 Falcon for several years, what a let down.

But as they say alls well that ends well.  Finally got a 1960 MGA again, in
1998.  Now its not red, like my first MGA, but it still could seat six in a
pinch, and it is just as fun.

I dream of a DeLorean.  It  is my next acquisition (after the 2000 Ford
Thunderbird, that is -- promised my wife a 56-57 T-bird for her 50th, but
that went by the by)  so if Dad is ready to spring for one for himself, by
all means go for it.

Sounds like you got quite a deal on your "A"  if all it needs is a total
restoration; for $1,000 you are ahead of the game in my view.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.