Re: Coolant woes redux

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant woes redux
From: JTPAKI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:10:37 EST
In a message dated 12/10/99 11:39:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
swalker@gte.com writes:

> My fans are wired through a thernostat and off of the ignition. I would
>  like to rewire them, still through the thermostat, but off a permanently
>  hot wire. That way, after I stop, the fans can run until the radiator cools
>  some. I recall my F**t 124 Spider was wired that way. Any comments? (It's a
>  '78B roadster, ps-LE)
>
>  Steve Walker

I wouldnt wire to a hot wire all time, as you may possibly cause your battery
to run down.  I would go to the electronics store and see if you can get a 12
volt off delay timer to put in the circuit.  That way it would run on after
the ignition is off for a given time.

Joe Potter