Re: Coolant woes redux

To: Derek Vandivere <dersk@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant woes redux
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:11:35 -0800
Derek,

        If the block is drained of coolant, and a thermostat is installed, you
can not easily fill the engine from the radiator.  Easiest thing is to take off
the thermostat housing, remove the thermostat, fill the engine with coolant from
the thermostat opening and then reinstall the thermostat, etc.  You will
probably
have to top up the expansion tank a couple of times before the system is filled.
Also, make certain that the heater temperature control is at maximum.  BTDT.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB