MG (BMC) Dealers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG (BMC) Dealers
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:14:24 -0400 (EDT)
Does there exist on the internet a comprehensive list of the
names/addresses of MG dealers which once existed in the USA?  I guess at
the time of their demise these were actually BMC dealers.

If not on the net, can anyone suggest where such a list might be
accessed or found?

I can recall four such dealers, reaching back in my memory more than
twenty years:

On the west side of Allentown, in Pennsylvania, there was a small dealer
named Brewer and Kuhns.

On the south side of Flemington, in New Jersey, there was a dealer
called Nemeth Motors.

Adjacent to the river in Phillipsburg, in New Jersey, there was a dealer
called Phillipsburg Motor Company.

Finally, also in Allentown, PA, there was a dealer named J. H. Bennett
Inc..  It is possible this dealer is still in business.  They were big.

It was fun to be able actually to visit these dealers to order parts and
see brand new MG's for sale.  I also still have some of the sales
literature I picked up.  Happy memories.

I am especially interested to learn the names and (especially) locations
of MG dealers which once existed in upstate New York and in northeast
Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case