Re: MG (BMC) Dealers

To: dibiase@home.com (Dan DiBiase)
Subject: Re: MG (BMC) Dealers
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 16:17:14 -0400 (EDT)
--WebTV-Mail-27374-2018

Thanks, Dan.

If your car originally came into the northeastern part of the USA, it
almost certainly came in through an outfit known as J. S. Inskip Inc..
Inskip were the principal importers in the northeast, and an MG legend
in the region over many, many years.  I believe they fed cars to all of
the dealers mentioned in my earlier post, and to many tens of others as
well.

There is mention of Inskip here (follow links):

http://www.el-dorado.ca.us/~ccouper/mgtd/mgtd_variants.htm

But to learn the name of the particular local dealer who sold your MG,
short of querying the original owner, I do not know a way.

I would like to know this about my own cars.

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case
'60 Daimler SP 250
'61 Daimler SP 250