Re: MG (BMC) Dealers

To: mgbob@juno.com, bburrows@webtv.net
Subject: Re: MG (BMC) Dealers
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:35:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/10/00 9:19:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mgbob@juno.com
writes:

<< If no such list exists, would you consider assembling one?  Everyone on
 this list probably knows of a (former) dealer or two, and could send
 information to you. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That might be an interesting thing to see.

My first two LBCs were purchased used from a Triumph dealer called Buzz
Marcus in Glenside, PA.  (Just north of Philadelphia, and part of Abington
Township.)  Buzz is retired and lives in Florida, I believe.  He used to race
Triumphs in SCCA D-Production, and I wouldn't put it past him to be racing
still.  Buzz got in early on the Toyota bandwagon, and became much more
successful selling asian cars.  The dealership is now Sloan Toyota in
Glenside, about 1/2 mile from the original Buzz Marcus lot.

I used to buy parts occasionally from a British Leyland dealer called
Maginnis Motors at 145 Easton Rd in Horsham, PA.  Just north of the PA
Turnpike.  I don't remember when they went out.

I don't know if either of these were ever BMC dealers.  Buzz probably wasn't,
but Maginnins might have been.  It would be interesting to do a quick web
search for these old dealership names and see if it finds anything.