RE: MGB Meets The Fast And The Furious

To: <MGBTH1@aol.com>, <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Meets The Fast And The Furious
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:45:06 -0400
~stepping up on my sop box~
Hmmmm... what on earth would anyone want a "Street Racer" for. I may be a
bit out of touch (old?) but aren't there some laws which govern the speed
limits on our highways and byways? Personally, due to the carnage that this
type of behavior causes, I wish they would pass a few laws which when caught
racing on the street, your car would be immediately sent to a crusher. And
of course you license should also be revoked for a good 5 years or so
(providing you are not in a body bag) No appeals allowed, No reduced time
for good behavior. Harsh? Yeah it is. Ever had a relative or know someone
who has been killed or injured by people driving through a neighborhood like
they are in Nascar or F1? I have no sympathy for the idiots that kill
themselves while doing this but it's the innocent victims that suffer the
most. If you want to kill yourself, do it somewhere else besides the road
where your actions might harm others. I have nothing against racing but it
belongs on the track and not on the street.
~stepping off my box~

On a lighter note.... what is it with these full size pickup trucks with
rear and front spoilers, extended wheel wells, low ground hugging effects,
etc.. If you want a truck buy a truck. If you want a sports car, buy a
sports car. They are not interchangeable IMHO. ~already ducking and weaving
the flames and arrows I know are coming my way on this one :-)

BTW, I have decided to rebuild (or should I say ATTEMPT to rebuild) my 78
B's engine myself. Did I just hear a giggle out there? And should I fail to
properly use my mechanical aptitude to bring life back into the beast, at
the very least I will have the scarred knuckles to show I tried and a hoarse
voice from all the cussing as I berate the thing back into submission!!

Greg Bass

"No man can attain eminence...unless a subject suited to his talents
presents itself and an opportunity occurs for their development."
-Pliny

> Hello here is my plan. In the near future I plan to buy a MGB
> that will
> become a street racer. This car if my plan works out will be
> able to tear
> rubber of the line to beat any Honda in ks. This is my dream
> and it will come
> true with time. What I need is a sorce to good parts and a
> engine to drop
> that will tear of the line and also smoke the car that pulls
> up next to me in
> the long run. So if you know of any part company's that can
> help me out and
> were I can find a engine, that dosent need to be a V8 I would
> thank you.
>

> Now I know some hardcore mgb fans hate to see this to a
> beloved MG. But me as
> the younger mgb fan wants to see it exceed to a new level of
> speed,power and
> most of all respect. Over time i have picked up the sence
> that people dont
> give mgb's the respect they need. I also have picked up the
> need for speed
> and I know that some mg owners will say "get a made to go
> fast car''. But i
> see it as that if I want to go fast it needs to be in one of
> the cars I love
> the only car I want a MGB. So if any one is willing to give
> me some help to
> find what i need and if they have a car to start with that i
> could buy it
> would be grate
>
> Thanks
>              soon to be in the fast lane
>                                                       Troy H.
>

> P.S. dont try to talk me out of it       lol :)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list