RE: MGB Meets The Fast And The Furious

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke1@home.com>, MGBTH1@aol.com
Subject: RE: MGB Meets The Fast And The Furious
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
I have to agree with those who are saying that the MGB wouldn't make a
good street racer. It would have to be so stripped down that even if it
could compete with the Civics and Foci that are commonly used for this
type of thing, the others would still be kicking your butt with the a/c on
the the stereos pumping out 400 watts!

Re: the whole 'street racing' thing - I am certainly out of touch with
this whole area (more interests in staying connected with my 11 year old
than the previous generation) but it seems to me that this isn't really
any different than the street rodding arena of the 50's.... Not that that
was right and this is wrong, it's just that it's a repeat of what some of
us did when we were younger. Muscle cars in the 60's and 70's, etc. Just
history repeating itself with a new generation.

We've had a small problem in my neighborhood with some friends of the next
door neighbor's 18 year old son - flying around the corners, etc. A simple
conversation with a couple of them stopped that. I told them I didn't care
what they did outside our neighborhood - but to take it easy within it.
Seems to have worked.

Ah, youth!

=====
Dan DiBiase