Re: Sound Deadening

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sound Deadening
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:57:44 -0700
I was pondering the relatively expensive sound deadening material that Moss
sells for my bare floor boards. Any experiernce on this stuff? Is Dynamat a
better choice? And where could I find this stuff? We don't have Pep Boys
here in Montana that I know of.

David
72 MGB
67 MGBGT

At 10:10 PM 2/20/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>As others have mentioned, Dynamat is the best choice.  It's heavy, but it's
>permanent.  If you have ever do a rollcage in a modern BMW or Porwsche,
>you'll see that the factory uses the same exact stuff in key locations on
>the bare metal of the unibody, and then paints right over it.
>
>One thing to note -- with Dynamat, you don't need to cover everything.  A
>single square on a single panel will work _wonders_ without adding a ton of
>weight.
>
>-p

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list