Re: Sound Deadening

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sound Deadening
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:41:41 -0500
I lined the floors under the seats, the rear deck, both horizontal and
vertical panels, and part of the tranny tunnel with this stuff nearly 5
years ago. I just pulled on of the seats yesterday and the Dynamat is mashed
where the seat rails were. The rest of it is in good shape. And it made a
whale of a difference in the sound inside the car. My major worry - I might
not be able to hear a problem in the diff. Well I did when it went, but then
again you could hear it for blocks!!

I am redoing the carpets soon and I will likely add more to the floor.

Larry's suggestion of just adding a bit to the doors is interesting. Seems
it would deaden vibration, but not block sound.

Larry

At this exact moment in time: 2/21/02 11:58 AM, "Larry Hoy"
<larryhoy@prodigy.net> made the profound revelation:

> Dynamat is a sound insulator.  The instructions indicate that you do not
> have to "line" a panel to achieve sound deadening.  For instance a MGB
> door would only need a small "patch" stuck on the inside of the door
> panel, perhaps 1' X 1'.
>
> Larry Hoy

>>> 72 MGB

--