Re: Harbor Freight problems

To: proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight problems
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:11:01 -0500
Paul,
  My experience with Harbor Freight is that eventually you will get the
goods ordered or a refund.  What you won't get is prompt shipment or any
help with order tracking.
   Everything I've bought from them has been adequately described and
cheap enough, so that the low prices tend to outweigh the irritation of
the slow service.
   Now that you have ordered, expect to find catalogues arriving
frequently. For amusement, you can go through each catalogue and find the
same item at different prices, then go through two recently received
catalogues and compare prices of same item in the two catalogues.  Same
pic, same item # except for one diget.....   One supposes that they are
testing the effectiveness of product grouping or placement in the
catalogue.  Who knows?  They aren't going to discuss this, either.
Bob

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:24:56 -0600 Paul Root <proot@iaces.com> writes:
> Has anyone had any trouble ordering from Harbor Freight?
> We ordered a few things from them in November, and nothing has
> shown up. So we called, and they had charged us the full amount of
> our order on Nov 25,  when they said they shipped 2 of the 3 things.
> They also won't  do anything to search for a lost package until after
14
> working days.
>
> I think 14 working days isn't until next Monday. It's pretty
> frustrating. Especially, considering they just opened a store in N.E.
Minneapolis just a few miles from my office. It opened after we ordered.
We got the grand opening