Re: Harbor Freight problems

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight problems
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:28:37 -0500
Actually there's a specific set of laws regarding what you're allowed to do
(and what they're required to do) in the case of a backorder.  If it's
going to be more than 30 days (unless previously indicated, like "expect 4
to 6 weeks for delivery) then they have to notify you of the backorder, and
there's specific rules about what they can and can't charge, and if you're
notified later about a backorder you are allowed to cancel, and so forth -
ask the consumer protection bureau in your state.  You're not at 30 days
yet, but maybe you should walk over to their other office and bang on the
counter a little bit... ? :)