Re: Harbor Freight problems

To: james_nazarian@excite.com, tab@penworks.com, proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight problems
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:37:13 EST
In a message dated 12/11/02 7:37:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james_nazarian@excite.com writes:

> So banging on the counter in the store about something from the mailorder
> group will not get you anywhere unfortunately.  I discovered this after
> many instances of not getting catalog prices in the stores, and complaining
> about it.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

You guys might take a look at www.homier.com for some good prices on cheep
tools.  Homier has sales at different locations around the country, and also
sells on the web.  You can sign up for e-mail notices of local sales for your
area.  They charge shipping (not at the sales), but it isn't unreasonable.  I
just missed a large bead blast cabinet (floor standing) for $99 at Homier.
Have to wait til after the holidays.

Check out things like 4" angle grinders for 6 bucks.  I doubt they are any
better or worse than Harbor Freight, but they are an alternative.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)