RE: Requesting Opinions for MG Magazines

To: "'james'" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Requesting Opinions for MG Magazines
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:51:23 -0800
James:

Part of my duties at Moss include building the mailing lists for catalogs,
British Motoring and the sale fliers.

I've been contacted by a number of list members about catalogs and British
Motoring, and since I'm the guy who sets the rules, I figured folks might
like the straight poop. I hope no one minds if I take up some bandwidth.

Obviously we want to ensure that people with British cars get materials they
can use, and those that no longer have an interest don't.

To be on the British Motoring Mailing list, you have to have spent over
$1.00 with Moss Motors within the last 18 months, or had some other kind of
activity such as ordering a catalog within the last 12 months.  There is
also a provision for sales people to easily update the DLA (date of last
activity) when requested.  This way we contact our current customers and
also new potential customers.

Sales Fliers since they are cheaper to print and mail, go back to 24 months
of activity with sales over $1.00.

Catalogs are a lot trickier, as we automatically send a Marque catalog to
active customers who have bought products that identify with a specific
Marque.  There is "noise" in any system, so I set a threshold of $100.  So
if you have bought over $100.00 of items over the last 3 years that fit only
an MGB, or ordered an MGB catalog, you are an MGB customer.  If you spent
over $1.00 during the last 24 months, or had some other form of activity
over the last 12 months, then you will get an MGB catalog.

Hopefully this wasn't too boring, and answered some questions about catalog
and newsletter mailings.

Kelvin.