ebay resolution

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ebay resolution
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:55:43 -0600
So last week, in our ebay rantings. I was telling
about trouble I was having.

I finally opened a dispute with ebay on the game boy
thing I bought for my kids, on Friday.

Saturday, it showed up in the mail. After he said that
it had shipped the previous week, it was post marked, Feb 5.

On Tuesday, I think it was, I sent him mail saying that I
thought he should run a trace on it, since I paid for insurance.
I got no reply.

On Thursday, I got his phone number from ebay and tried calling
him several times. Never answered. And he gets mail, when you
request a phone number.

One of those things must have lit a fire under him, since he shipped
it Thursday.

Is there a way to tell if insurance is paid for on an item from the Post
Office? It should be a yellow tag right? Didn't have one.

Friday, I opened the dispute. He never answered it. Probably because he
knew he finally shipped it, 2 weeks after I paid for it. And he still
pocketed the insurance. $2.

Being the sap I am, I gave him neutral feedback with a comment of very
slow shipping. Funny thing is, on the invoice, he's giving me Free
Shipping on my next order. Like there's going to be one.

My kids' are happy. The e-reader thing is fun. They wanted it to swip in
some Pokemon cards to their game cube game. But it also came with the
entire Donkey Kong Jr card from my, I guess, college days. Five little
magnetic strips are all that entire arcade game is reduced to. It
appears to be the full game.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \