Re: Stereo choice

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stereo choice
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:40:35 +0200
I have a really cheap no-name CD player with detachable face (got it free
from a friend who put something normal in his car).
Sounds OK, though it skips on city streets - considering the state of the
average MG's suspension, you probably want a CD player that samples 10-15
seconds ahead to avoid skips.

I think for the average non-audiophile who just wants some tunes on the
highway, speaker placement is probably more important than the stereo
itself.

My speakers are in the rearward part of the door (right next to my hip).
They are there because that's where the DPO left the gaping holes.
This is bad for two reasons -
1, they are heavy and get banged around and bang the panel around every time
the door is closed.
2.  Driving solo they sound fine, but driving with a passenger you only hear
your own speaker - as the other one is playing to the passenger's hip.

Ideal would probably be speakers in the footwells, and another set behind
the seats, either on the battery cover or in the rear panel (low enough that
they are under the folded top).

HTH,
RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv
Hey, any idea that involves blasting the wealthiest .01 percent
of the population into the cold, lifeless vacuum of space is all right by
me.
--The Onion