Re: Stereo choice

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stereo choice
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:49:15 +1030
Max Heim wrote:

> Definitely don't get caught up in sound quality -- at freeway speed it's
> pretty much full volume with the balance cranked to the left just to hear
> the ball game, never mind music.

Here is something to think about.

Get yourself something with a headphone socket (some do have them).

On my LONG drives (hours at 70mph0 I have really enjoyed using
headphones.  I can get soundquality without having it blasting in my
ears - although it is great for pumping "Born to Be Wild", too - and it
kept my ears warm, too.  I believe the headphones also relieved the
stress of the road and windnoise and I am certain I arrived more relaxed
than I would have otherwise.

I wouldn't play REALLY loud muci or wear headphones in heavy traffic as
it is too distracting and you can't hear emergency vehicles or warning
sounds, but the long country roads were perfect for them.

I was worried about listening for tell-tale engine/wheel/other noises
from the car but soon realised you have trouble hearing those over all
the other noise anyway - and besides, at those speeds you tend to "feel"
or "sense" if anything is going wrong (and of course you ALWAYS keep
glancing at your guages).

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII