Re: Stereo Choice

To: ladaniels@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Stereo Choice
From: howersl@att.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:00:09 +0000
Larry-

I'd avoid this unit if I were you.  The price is certainly reasonable, but for
about $25 more you can get yourself a name brand unit with a real warranty.
Check out www.crutchfield.com for a buying guide and some decent deals (no
affiliation).  Or brave the kids at Best Buy.

I have a refurb Denon head unit that I bought from uBid.com for $84.  It's not
quite enough with the top down at 50mph, so I added a Yamaha power amp under
the seat to drive the rear speakers (used, eBay: $19).

Legacy Audio is the name of a high-end audio manufacturer owned by Allen Organ,
about a mile from my home.  Their audio loudspeakers start at about $1000 pair
and head rapidly upward from there.   I dont think "Legacy" (the eBay) listing
has any affiliation with this company.

--Scott