Re: Stereo choice

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stereo choice
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:48:59 +1030
David Breneman wrote:

> --- Eric <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote:
> >
> > Get yourself something with a headphone socket (some do have them).
> >
> > On my LONG drives (hours at 70mph0 I have really enjoyed using
> > headphones.
>
> Interesting.  Here in Washington it's illegal for a driver to
> wear headphones

I know they are trying to bring in laws about playing LOUD music in your
car here (you know, where the windows are rattling) but I am not they
have yet.  I think they would have to prove that you can't hear outside
noises with headphones on - hey, the headset could be plugged into an
external microphone to enable you to hear better :-)  And then they
would have to look at helmets, too.

As I said, I wouldn't do it in heavy/city traffic but I am talking about
country roads at 70mph (which is an illegal speed in most places here anyway).

I actually used those "clip on" earphones that you can buy for your
walkman and either had my beanie pulled down over them or my rainproof
jacket hood up over my head anyway.  It was raining most of the time and
I don't have a roof (and it was night and it was cold - lovely
long-drive conditions) so they wouldn't have sen them anyway.

The music sure kept me company on that nine hour flat-out drive :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII