Re: Stereo choice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stereo choice
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:43:55 -0600
The other side to this, besides the stereo, are the speakers and their
placement. I think the sound quality is to some degree essential. Cheaper
speakers/stereos will have significant sound distortion at higher volumes.
And you do need to maintain a decent sound quality at higher volumes,
particularly when highway cruising. And speakers need to be in a location
so you can get the best sound without having to further increase the sound
volume. On my BGT, the speakers are small box speakers that sit on the back
seat. On my 72B, the former owner had already cut holes on the footwell
panels. I found this to be a good location although I personally would have
been hesitant to hack holes in the car body. I installed a new interior kit
anyway so I was able to mount in a couple of Rockwood (?) 5 1/2" speakers
and maintain a decent appearance. They seem to be able to keep up quite
well, even at highway speed, so long as its fairly loud rock music that is
playing.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B