Re: wire wheels

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:49:13 -0700
Since motorcycle wire wheels are obviously not "knock-off", and thus would
not share the tapered cone hub feature, I don't see why the cycle shop would
be any better equipped to balance them than anyone else. Tune and true them,
maybe.

To be precise, the balancing issue isn't actually a problem of wire vs. disc
wheels, it's a problem of knock-off vs. bolt-on wheels -- knock-off
Panasport wheels would have the same problem, but bolt-on wire wheels would
not. Motorcycle wheels aren't really equivalent to either one, as I
understand it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149