Re: Engine trouble

To: Roger Bonnick <R.bonnick@lancaster.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Engine trouble
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:59:43 -0700 (PDT)
Roger Bonnick <R.bonnick@lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:  Thanks, Paul.
Would this be a potential engine out or in situ job?

Roger,  checking the valves and such is definitely done without removing the
engine. The same with removing the head. But checking the bearings  requires
removal of the sump - and several bolts are blocked by the  crossmember,
meaning that you'd really need to loosen the engine mounts  and jack the engine
up a bit. If it were me, I would start at the top  with the valves and work my
way down. If I had to check the bearings, I  would remove the engine unless I
had a lift or pit so that I could  stand up under the car.

      Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/