Re: Carburetion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetion
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:06:49 -0400
I do not know why SU's get such a bad reputation. Possibly because
they don't *look* like an American carburetor?

The SU type carb is essentially the same as the CD (Constant
Depression) type carbs used on most (high performance) motorcycles
until *very* recently (when emissions regulations have forced
manufacturers to EFI). They are really very good carbs.

I have a set of SU HS4's on our 1978 MGB. Once properly set up &
adjusted they are not finicky. And they are not difficult to set up &
adjust - just different!

Eric Russell
STOC #2860
Mebane, NC