RE: Carburetion

To: "'Dodd, Kelvin'" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: RE: Carburetion
From: "Scott Bonacker" <lister@bonackers.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:22:25 -0600

It's true, there is an 'MG Experience' to be had - and it suits me more than
the 'Harley Davidson Experience' black leather and studs and all. I should
tell you about a doctor I know that bought a Harley Davidson, and then I saw
him one day in parking lot with two or three hundred other bikers getting
ready for a charity ride. Actually, he saw me first and came up to say
hello. I didn't recognize him very quickly - what with the riding outfit and
the fact that he had uncharacteristically left his stubble to grow in
preparation.

I may have mentioned in the past that the motivation for this MG at this
time was that my wife didn't enjoy riding a motorcycle with me. Since my own
enjoyment is closely tied with hers, I am more than willing. This story
isn't mentioned to make fun of him or of anyone who conforms to their mental
image of what they ought to look like when the participate in a group
activity like that. Your point is a good one, to make sure that the needs
are met you have to be clear what it is you have in mind.

I also have in mind to lower the suspension to improve handling as one
modification away from stock, and possibly to put in a 5-speed tranny. Who
knows, even an engine upgrade. But all that comes after making relatively
basic improvements so that it is a more reliable driver.

(Off topic - does anyone know the phone number at Microsoft to register a
SQL server and get a license key?)

There is a huge amount of information in the MGS newsgroup and the Yahoo
group. There is also much more in the many websites that individuals and
businesses have put up. Many thanks to all of those who share their
knowledge.

Scott Bonacker
1977RBB