RE: Open air policy

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Open air policy
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:46:15 -0500
Ken,

>You asked "...what do other Mog owners have regarding a top up/down
policy?"
When I was a graduate student at Penn State, my thesis advisor drove a
TR2, with the top down, winter and summer.  Not to be outdone, I drove
my '52 +4 also with the top down, winter and summer (unless it snowed).
Sometimes, I would fold down the windshield in a case of one upmanship
(his would not fold; he'd have to unscrew it).

Now that I'm much older (but not necessarily wiser), have moved to a
climate where the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales sometimes read the same,
and have the +4 partially disassembled, I long for those good old days
when the top/hood was there for emergency, not for daily use.

Tell your daughter she's lucky to 1) be driven to school in a Morgan and
2) have a father who obviously enjoys the better things in life (what
can be better than to drive your daughter to school in a Morgan (that
sets the standard for future "slack-jawed youths"))

Chuck Vandergraaf (whose daughter grew up faster than he could restore
the Morgan and who lets him know that on occasion)